The latest Associated Press top 25 poll released Sunday moved Ole Miss from No. 13 to No. 12 following a 35-3 win over Louisiana-Monroe.
The Rebels (9-2, 5-2 SEC) will have a chance to win a tenth regular season game with a Thanksgiving match against Mississippi State. Ole Miss will also eagerly be waiting the latest College Football Playoff rankings to see if it has a chance to play in the New Year’s Six bowl games as its likely chances for a top four finish are out the window.
Here is where the rest of the SEC ranks and who is left on its schedule:
- No. 1 Georgia - Saturday at Georgia Tech; Dec. 2 SEC Championship Game
- No. 8 Alabama - Saturday at Auburn; Dec. 2 SEC Championship Game
- No. 10 Missouri - Friday at Arkansas
- No. 12 Ole Miss - Thursday at Miss. St.
- No. 14 LSU - Saturday vs. Texas A&M
- No. 25 Tennessee - Saturday vs. Vanderbilt
Pretty cut and dry - it seems the Rebels need losses by Alabama and Missouri to have a chance to climb past them and get a chance at a NY6 bowl game. More importantly, a win in the Egg Bowl is a must to grant the Rebels a return trip to the second highest bowl grouping in college football.