NFL week one officially kicked off, and Ole Miss fans were able to see some of our former Rebels shine on a big stage.
It was no surprise DK Metcalf and AJ Brown each had a touchdown, but a lot of people were expecting a big rookie debut from Elijah Moore. He didn’t have a lot of receptions in week one, but keep an eye out for him next week versus the Patriots.
Royce Newman had his first career start in the NFL, and despite the loss played a great game. Evan Engram was ruled out to a calf injury he developed in practice, and Ole Miss fans were able to see former defensive back Myles Hartsfield get a pass breakup for the Carolina Panthers.
Make sure to check back weekly for all the updates on your Rebels in the Pros.
- Elijah Moore, New York Jets: Elijah Moore didn’t have the game everyone was expecting. In his NFL debut, he had one reception for -3 yards. The rookie wide receiver had four targets but was unable to hold onto the ball. This is very uncharacteristic from Moore and with time things should sort themselves out. The Jets fell 19-14 to the Panthers.
- DK Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks: DK Metcalf continues to be a monster as he kicked off his third season as a Seahawks wide receiver. He had 60 yards on four receptions, and one touchdown in the win over the Colts.
- A.J. Brown, Tennessee Titans: Starting wide receiver for the Titans put up solid numbers but it ultimately wasn’t enough as they took a beating from the Cardinals. Brown had one touchdown, along with 49 yards on four receptions.
WELCOME TO AJ BROWN WR1 SZN pic.twitter.com/UB0BWssHsv— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) September 12, 2021
- Evan Engram, NY Giants: Battling a calf injury to start the year and was ruled out for week one.
- Royce Newman, Green Bay Packers: starting offensive guard, allowed only one sack in his start despite an awful start from the Packers offense
- Greg Little, Miami Dolphins: backup left tackle behind Austin Jackson, was inactive for week one
- Bobby Massie, Denver Broncos: starting right tackle for a Broncos squad that got the win over the Giants.
- Dawson Knox, Buffalo Bills: starting TE for the Bills and averaged 10.3 yards on 4 receptions.
- Scottie Phillips, Houston Texans: the third-string running back had two attempts from the backfield for nine yards in the win.
- Mike Hilton, Cincinnati Bengals: starting cornerback had four tackles in a big overtime win
- Laremy Tunsil, Houston Texans: starting left tackle
- Myles Hartsfield, Carolina Panthers: backup safety behind Jeremy Chinn, had two tackles and a pass deflection
- AJ Moore, Houston Texans: currently on injured reserve at safety
- CJ Moore, Detroit Lions: backup safety behind Tracy Walker III, did not play
- D.J Jones, San Francisco 49ers: starting defensive tackle, played 39 snaps
- Marquis Haynes, Carolina Panthers: backup defensive end behind Brian Burns, Haynes recorded one snap and one tackle
- Jordan Wilkins, Indianapolis Colts: battling for playing time in a crowded RB room and did not see the field this week