It’s very likely you may be at your desk or cubicle or shared workspace pretending to data entry or create synergy or whatever buzz words best finish this sentence.
The Friday before a holiday weekend is about as unproductive as it gets in the good ole U-S-of A. We’re all counting the minutes to freedom, a three day weekend hopefully, suds, buds, burgers and maybe even some time on the water.
So how in the heck can we think too heavily on Ole Miss sports on a day like today?
It’s roughly two months from the start of football season. Summer workouts and practices are on the horizon, but SEC Media Days and college football preview magazines are the tantalizing hors d’oeuvres of content before the main course come September.
For now, let’s get the weekend going for Pete’s sake. George Washington. 1776. Back to back world war champs.
Relax. Take yourself mentally back to your days in Oxford where Friday hopefully meant almost no classes, beverages on a patio, and planning for a stress free weekend. The drinks at Volta most likely never tasted better than they used to in those days imo.
Here’s the patriotic playlist yaboi OMTB will have cued up while grilling up some of the Sip’s finest in pork products this weekend:
- Star Spangled Banner - Whitney Houston
- America the Beautiful - Ray Charles
- Firework - Katy Perry (honorable alum of Ole Miss iyam)
- Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John
- American Saturday Night - Brad Paisley
- America - Neil Diamond
- Living in America - James Brown
- Take Me Home - John Denver
- Highway to the Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins (bc of Top Gun duh)
- Real American - Hulk Hogan entrance
- American Boy - Estelle feat. Kanye West
- Centerfield - John Fogerty
- Beer Never Broke My Heart - Luke Combs
- Fat Bottom Girls - Queen
Undoubtedly though, my kids are going to take over the music, probably play Olivia Rodrigo and Cocomelon until I serve them black hot dogs as penance. Enjoy your Fourth, and the Cup will be back and thriving on the flip side.