The excitement of National Signing Day made the disappointment of the early signing period fade pretty quickly. Matt Luke and his staff were able to close the 2019 class by signing five-star running back Jerrion Ealy and four-stars Lakia Henry, Jonathan Mingo and John Rhys Plumlee. They also added impact players on the defensive line by inking three-stars LeDarrius Cox and Brandon Mack.
So how does this class shape up? We answer that question and more.
- Will Jerrion Ealy show up and play football? Baseball? Both?
- Is John Rhys Plumlee a legit two-sport guy?
- Which former Rebel does Jonathan Mingo compare to?
- Can Lakia Henry fix the defense?
- Did Ole Miss check all their boxes despite the misses in the early signing period?
If you like New Orleans-inspired cuisine go see Kelly and his crew in Memphis at Second Line or Restaurant Iris for some fantastic food. And if you like gambling and good food, go see to the Magnolia House in Biloxi’s Harrah’s Gulf Coast. Blackjack, slots, Southern cooking—what’s not to like?
And when you’re in Oxford, go see Greg and the good folks at LB’s Meat Market, the inaugural sponsor of this here podcast, to celebrate with the best protein for your Ole Miss grilling needs this weekend. And be sure to tell him RED CUP SENT YA for exclusive deals and promotions!