- Bradley Sowell played in a season-high eight offensive snaps for the Chicago Bears in a 24-20 victory over the Lions that kept them in the NFC playoff race, even if it’s only until their next loss. Bobby Massie was injured in the Bears week 12 game against the Giants and should be out 2-3 weeks.
- Dawson Knox had three catches for 17 yards in the Bills win over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. The win moved Buffalo to 9-3, but the takeaway for Knox was when the rookie SON’D Darian Thompson for the Cowboys.
Dawson Knox with a stiff arm from hell pic.twitter.com/4Y1s97MoaO— Rick Heidrick (@rhj_24324) November 28, 2019
- Jordan Wilkins got a season-high 11 carries against the Titans in a 31-17 loss. The game turned on a blocked field goal midway through the fourth quarter that was returned 63-yards by Tye Smith then a 40-yard scamper by Kalif Redmond to seal the victory and keep the Titans tied for the last AFC wildcard spot.
- AJ Brown had three receptions for 45 yards, but showed some versatility off the field.
- Mike Hilton just goes to work, this time with another five tackles and two passes defensed in a 20-13 Steelers win over the Browns. He’s now got six passes defensed and 11 tackles in his last three games. Without Roethlisburger, Pittsburgh has leaned on their defense to keep them respectable, and they’ve answered the bell—getting the Steelers to 7-5 and in a tie for the final AFC wildcard.
- The Ole Miss Game of the Week took place on Monday night, and it didn’t disappoint. Laquon Treadwell had just one reception..but it was a big one.
That was his first touchdown since week two of the 2018 season against the Packers, and his second ever. Good for Laquon.
- Not to be outdone, DK Metcalf had six catches for 75 yards. He started with a 20-yard reception early in the first half to set up a Seahawks touchdown on the following play. Metcalf fumbled late in the Seahawks 37-30 victory, but a field goal and a fumble by the Vikings on the ensuing kickoff sealed the win.
Have NFL teams ever considered bringing cones out on the field with them to help defend this man?
- The Panthers lost to the hapless Redskins, 29-21, but Donte Moncrief had nine snaps on offense, while Greg Little missed his eight game of the year, this time for an ankle injury. Marquis Haynes was inactive for the second week in a row as he recovers from an injury as well.
- The Texans had probably the best game of the week, beating the Patriots in a 28-22 game that wasn’t as close as the score showed. The Pats defense has been outstanding all season long, but the Texans were able to give Deshaun Watson time to pick them apart and Laremy Tunsil was a big part of that.
Laremy Tunsil committed his first holding penalty of the season last night...in week 13.— Rob Kimbell (@RobKSports) December 2, 2019
Has had a problem with false starts, but had zero last night, and has only committed one in the last 5 weeks.