Former Rebels keep piling up the touchdowns, and one could be on his way to some rookie of the year discussions. There are 26 former Landsharks in the National Football League, here’s how they did in week 9:
- D.J. Jones, the defensive tackle by way of Scooba Tech, had a pair of tackles and helped the 49ers reach 8-0 and remain the lone unbeaten team. Little late but check out this closing speed.
- Laremy Tunsil missed the Texans 26-3 victory in London over the Jaguars with a shoulder injury. He’s now got a week to rest before the Texans travel to Baltimore.
- Dawson Knox was rarely used in Oxford had two receptions for 14 yards. Knox saw a large uptick in snaps, as he played 47 of the teams 62 offensive plays, second most of any skill position player. Shocking, really.
- Marquis Haynes had just one tackle, but it was a sack and it likely cost the Titans three points just before the half. Look at this technique..
This is beautiful from Marquis Haynes (gets the sack) and Kyle Love (occupies two). Rarely get that clean a shot on a QB.— Max Henson (@PanthersMax) November 4, 2019
A big play too. Forced a longer FG that Titans missed right before half. pic.twitter.com/WfA30lq2u6
- It sure is good to see Laquon Treadwell mentioned again without discussing roster moves. Quon set a CAREER-high in receiving yards with 58 on just three catches. It was just his second game with over 50 yards in his career, but perhaps the Vikings will keep calling his number as the season rolls along.
- Another game, another TD reception for Mr. 3 Cone Drill. D.K. Metcalf went for 123 yards on just six receptions, which included a long of 53 and another touchdown. He’s now got five on the season, and the Seahawks are 7-2 after a 40-34 victory over the Bucs in overtime. The game winning TD was set up by this nice back shoulder catch too..
DK Metcalf:— Victor Williams (@ThePhillyPod) November 4, 2019
6 rec, 123 yards, 20.5 YPC, 1 TD.
Drafted 64th overall, 7 picks after Arcega-Whiteside. pic.twitter.com/n0cQxTcVrs
- Another career day for Mike Hilton. He had six tackles including one sack. Then, he helped escort Minkah Fitzpatrick to the endzone on a 96-yard interception return late in the first half of the Steelers 26-24 win over the Colts. Our man KNEW.
- As much as a four reception, 81-yard day can be considered quiet, A.J. Brown was quiet for the Titans in a 30-20 loss to the Panthers.
- Metcalf and Brown now rank 1st and 3rd in yards for a rookie receiver through the first half of the season. They rank 3rd and 4th, respectively for receptions, and 1st and 3rd for touchdown passes. Oh, and they rank 1st and 2nd for passes over 40 yards.
- Brandon Bolden continues being a jack-of-all-trades for the Patriots. He had a tackle on special teams and two kickoff returns equalling 53 yards, however the Patriots are no longer undefeated as Lamar Jackson and the Ravens won 37-20.
- The Giants lost 37-18 but Evan Engram had six catches for 48 yards and another carry for two yards. The Giants are in full rebuild mode but it looks like Engram will be still be there once the dust settles. With Saquon Barkley getting carries and worrying defenders, that’s a good thing.