Week 12 for former Rebels was one to remember. It started early with Dawson Knox showing some skin Sunday in Buffalo, shifted to AJ Brown showing some speed in Tennessee, then DJ Jones ended Sunday Night Football with some quickness in the Bay Area.
24 Rebels were on active rosters in week 12, here’s how they did:
- AJ Moore saw 20 snaps, all on special teams while Tunsil played every snap in a 20-17 Texans victory over the Colts.
- Laremy Tunsil has been...pretty good so far this year.
Was sending two first-round picks for Laremy Tunsil worth it?— Avery Duncan (@averydduncan) November 23, 2019
His 92.3 pass blocking grade since Week 2 is the best among any player in the NFL, per @PFF. His 90.8 grade on the season is the best in #Texans history.
You tell me.
- Dawson Knox had two more two catches for 11 yards but his most impressive performance happened before the Bills 20-3 win over the Broncos.
- Evan Engram is still out for the Giants, though with New York, now 2-9, trying for that number two overall draft pick next spring, it’s doubtful they are in any big hurry for Engram to return to the field.
- DJ Jones had probably his best game in a San Francisco uniform. The Landshark by way of Last Chance U. had four tackles, including two for a loss. The Niners won 37-8 and their defense was the biggest factor yet again. Jones was a force on early downs, which forced the Packers to get behind the chains and allowed Nick Bosa and DeForest Buckner to get after Rodgers.
I don’t even know what to say. This sort of explosion is normally left to someone a lot smaller like an Isaac Gross. It shouldn’t be happening for a man at 6’0, 305 pounds.
- Mike Hilton had three tackles, two of them solo, and two passes defensed in a 16-10 win over the Bengals. After losing Big Ben for the season during the Steelers second week game against the Seahawks, Pittsburgh has rallied around their defense in a big way. They’re now 6-5 and are down to their third-stringer at quarterback after a rough performance from Mason Rudolph.
- AJ Brown was never known for his top-end speed while at Ole Miss, but it looks like times have changed. The Titans moved to 6-5 on the season after they exploded for 35 second half points in a 42-20 rout of the Jaguars. Brown grabbed for receptions for 135 yards, including one 65-yarder where all he did was run away from the Jags secondary. Safe to say AJ is looking like WR1 in Tennessee now.
A couple of years ago, CB AJ Bouye was top 5 in his position.— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) November 24, 2019
Meanwhile, AJ Brown might be one day.pic.twitter.com/CejtpybyLK
- The Seahawks won 17-9 over the Eagles and DK Metcalf had three receptions for 35 yards. Seattle moves to 9-2 and stays within a game of the 10-1 49ers.
He also showed he’s got some interests outside of football.
He also did this.