Here is a list of facts.
- Some time after 1 a.m. on Tuesday morning, former Ole Miss Rebel and current Broncos backup QB Chad Kelly was arrested in the suburbs of Denver under the charge of First Degree Criminal Trespass.
- According to court records acquired by ESPN, “A man and a woman told police that a stranger came into their Englewood, Colorado, home after 1 a.m. The intruder sat down on the couch next to the woman, who was holding the couple’s young child, and was ‘mumbling incoherently’...”
- According to those same court documents, “The man yelled at the intruder to get out and hit him in the back with a vacuum tube.”
- When police arrived, they found Chad, who matched the description provided by the couple, sitting in a black SUV. He was taken into custody.
Here are some more facts...
- TMZ reports that on that same night, Broncos linebacker Von Miller hosted a Halloween party in which some of his teammates wore “cocaine-themed” costumes. Photos and videos posted to social media showed wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders dressed as the crackhead character from The Chappelle Show and linebacker Brandon Marshall dressed as known cocaine abuser Bobby Brown.
- Several people, including Broncos general manager John Elway and Broncos beat writer Mike Klis, have refuted TMZ’s alleged claim that the party was “cocaine-themed”—even though the TMZ story only claims that some of the costumes, not the entire party, were cocaine-themed.
- Emmanuel Sanders’ Tyrone Biggums costume was on point.
Sanders as Tyrone Biggums, thats the last thing I expected to see today pic.twitter.com/OqMQNKiPSV— V (@ZXLTRXN6BILLION) October 23, 2018
- Miller’s party was hosted at the Gothic Theatre in the Denver suburb of Englewood.
- According to police, Kelly was arrested “in the vicinity of the Gothic Theatre.”
So not only did Chad Kelly get arrested, he got arrested only about a 3rd-and-long from Von Miller's team Halloween party. pic.twitter.com/WEahdLfHcB— BigHeadBS (@BigHeadBS) October 23, 2018
- Klis reports that Miller’s party was “definitely a Western theme.”
- According to ESPN, police surveillance footage showed Chad wearing “dark pants, a white long-sleeved shirt with a brown vest and a red scarf around his neck” as he entered the front door of the home.
You may be tempted to draw some conclusions based on the above facts...
I’m not sure what the theme was, to be dead honest with you. The bottom line is it was a costume party. So however they chose to come, they came. There was no theme to it. So obviously to me that’s out of line as far as what TMZ is reporting as far as the theme. Therefore, they come in costumes and try to come in and be the guy that has the best costume and obviously people look at that differently. But that had nothing to do with Chad and Chad’s situation. Obviously we’re seriously concerned about that situation.
So there you have it. Miller’s party and Chad’s arrest are in no way related. Mystery solved.
I’m not a conspiracy guy, just a connect the dots guy. Case Keenum definitely drugged Chad at Von Miller’s Halloween party— Cooper Simmons (@SuccessfulCoop) October 23, 2018