Despite the midweek finale loss to Arkansas State on Tuesday, Ole Miss is still sitting pretty for a regional host. The Rebels resume boasts five sweeps (three in the SEC); non-conference wins over Coastal Carolina (No. 16 RPI), Southern Miss (No. 17 RPI) and a series win over Louisville (No. 2 RPI); 17 conference wins, 22 non-conference wins and 39 total wins.
As we turn our attention to the upcoming series in College Station against the Aggies (No. 4 RPI), Ole Miss is suddenly in play for a national seed. To earn that, the Rebs will probably have to win two on the road this weekend. 41 regular season wins, which has never been done before at Ole Miss, would look very enticing to the NCAA Selection Committee. Two wins could also potentially move the Rebs into second place in the West and first-round bye territory in Hoover.
Listen in as the fellas are joined by smeargle to talk about the magnificent sweep of Kentucky, how their outfielders underestimated the Right Field Rowdies and what to look forward to this weekend against the Dog Cult.
- Is J.B. Woodman the best outfielder in Ole Miss' history?
- Can Chad Smith be the third starter?
- Did anyone see smeargle dancing in left field lol smh
- How dope are wind chimes?
- If Ole Miss were to sweep A&M, what would they need to do?
- If the Rebs have to travel for a Super Regional, where would you prefer?