Here we go, y'all. Three years after Robert Nkemdiche, Laremy Tunsil and Laquon Treadwell faxed in their LOIs to begin an unprecedented turnaround in Oxford, Ole Miss' Big Three steps boldly into Chicago's Roosevelt University Auditorium to accept their professional football destiny.
I know that five-star guys are, ya know, supposed to perform like five-star guys, but the way that these dudes not only lived up to, but surpassed ridiculous expectations is pretty incredible. All three arrived in Oxford as the top-rated players at their position and, were it not for a certain fall from a certain window in Atlanta, all three would have a chance to be the first player at their position off the board on Thursday night. (And don't forget, Tony Conner might be in this conversation if not for a meniscus tear.)
But those aren't the only guys to keep an eye on this weekend. Fahn Cooper, Cody Core, C.J. Johnson and Trae Elston all have real shots to hear their names called over the weekend.
We'll be updating results as they happen here in this post, and don't forget to follow along with us on Twitter. Hop into the conversation down in the comments and let's make this an open thread.
- Laremy Tunsil, who's social media was hacked moments before the draft, slid to the Dolphins at No. 13.
- Laquon Treadwell went No. 23 to the Vikings, becoming the fourth receiver off the board.
- Robert Nkemdiche ends up going in the first round after all, landing with the Cardinals at No. 29.
- The 49ers grabbed Fahn Cooper with the second to last pick of the fifth round.
- Cody Core was selected by the Bengals with the 24th pick of the sixth round.