The 2016 Ole Miss baseball season has been one of perplexing juxtaposition. On one hand, this year's squad has used timely hitting and dominant bullpen pitching to reach 20 wins faster than any other team in program history. Despite the 20-2 start, there are still major question marks, particularly the offensive output and the weekend rotation.
This weekend's home series against No. 18 South Carolina, which is 20-2 itself, will answer a lot of questions. The Gamecocks swept Arkansas last weekend and will be looking to continue their hit barrage in Oxford (.325 team average). USC has three hitters with 30+ hits and those same three are slugging over .500% so, yeah, they can swing it. Can the Rebs keep up the streak of defeating highly-ranked opponents at home?
The fellas also discuss the most important croots of the Hugh Freeze era, who replaces the big three this season and if the Rebs are ready to finally get to Atlanta in 2016.
Other topics include:
- Is starting pitcher Chad Smith ready for the big-time?
- Should reliever Andy Pagnozzi get a shot at the Sunday slot?
- When will Errol Robinson's bat heat up?
- Can Breeland Speaks demand the attention Big Rob received?
- Who can replace Laquon Treadwell?
- Will Greg Little be ready to start as a freshman?