After getting rid of a pesky Missouri team at home, the Rebels turn their attention to Georgia this weekend. With remaining games against two squads of Bulldogs (Mississippi State next week) and the Tennessee Volunteers to conclude the regular season, Ole Miss all of a sudden finds itself well within reach of closing out the 2016 on a high note.
When the two best players on your team go down with injuries and the rest are untested new names, you don't expect to have a shot at winning 20+ games. But, once again, Andy Kennedy has put his team in a position to do just that. This is without a doubt one of his best coaching jobs to date.
Also going on this weekend, the Diamondbearz welcome in the No.2-ranked Louisville Cardinals for a three-game series. Former Ole Miss assistant Dan McDonnell returns home and is bringing quite the squad with him. All-Americans Kyle Funkhouser and Corey Ray lead the Cards on the diamond and will test the Rebs and then some. This is without a doubt the toughest series of the season for Mike Bianco and Co.
- If Rebs win out, win two in SEC Tourney, can they sneak into NCAA Tourney?
- Is Stefan Moody the best player to wear an Ole Miss uniform?
- How do you see this season shaking out if Sebastian Saiz and Moody stay 100% healthy?
- Can Chad Smith and Sean Johnson have better starts this weekend?
- Will Tate Blackman continue his tear at the plate?
- Which freshman will step up for the Rebels against Louisville?