Well, Tuesday's performance was not pretty. So the fellas don't discuss it for too long. The injuries and inconsistent play of the newcomers have made this season a roller coaster affair for Andy Kennedy and Co. But, as for the weekend, all attention turns to Oxford-University Stadium for opening weekend for baseball.
Despite an early exit in the Los Angeles Regional last year, there is a lot of optimism and buzz around the program heading into the weekend series against Florida international. With the entire starting lineup consisting of returning players and Brady Bramlett on the mound Friday, most of the buzz is warranted. And the 2015 signing class brought in a TON of new arms to help out the pitching staff.
The questions will need to be answered quickly as Ole Miss entertains No. 2 Louisville next weekend and get legit tests in conference play early on as well. Mike Bianco's squad will need to solve their issues pitching on Sunday and replacing Sikes Orvis in the middle of the lineup to make a splash in the SEC. The fellas will dive into these questions and many more on this week's episode.
Subscribe to Podcast Rebellion on iTunes
- Is Sean Johnson the real deal?
- Can Tate Blackman bounce back his sophomore year?
- Will J.B. Woodman and Colby Bortles replace the absence of #WHISKEYANDMEAT?
- Which new upgrade to the stadium are you most looking forward to?
- Do you prefer right field, left field or the grandstands for a game at Swayze Field?
- Do panthers really exist in Florida?