Well whatayaknow, Andy Kennedy snuck into the ole Dance. Whether he deserved to is another conversation (which we'll have at length in the coming days), but the most important thing right now is BRACKET POOLS!
We're gonna have one of those right here at Red Cup Rebellion dot com. No, there won't be a cash prize. But you will receive one million Cup Dollars* and have bragging rights over everybody on the site. And who knows, maybe we'll come up with a fun reward for the winner. If you have any ideas, drop em in the comments section.
We're going to be using a site called Realtime Brackets, which puts a twist on the traditional bracket contest: RTB lets you change your picks in the middle of the tournament. You'll get more points if you picked correctly ahead of time of course, but with this tweak, you won't have to worry about wadding up your bracket after two of your Final Four teams get bounced in the second round.
Watch the video up top for a better explainer.
How to sign up
- Follow this link to SB Nation's Realtime Brackets page.
- Click the Register button and enter your email, user name and password. Make sure to use your Red Cup pseudonym as the user name (or as close as you can get to it -- it won't let you use special characters or spaces) so everybody knows who you are.
- Choose the Intermediate game type. You can still join the group using the other game types, but the official leaderboard will only count people playing the Intermediate game.
- Join the Red Cup Rebellion group.
- Fill out your bracket, which should be up and running sometime on Sunday night. Get your picks in before the first game on Tuesday.
We'll be posting leaderboard updates on our Facebook page, so make sure to like that sucker.
*Cup Dollars are not a real thing. Deal with it.