Well, the good news is National Signing Day 2016 is only 11 months away. The bad news is that it's 11 months away. But, while you're getting hopped up on #SECBASKETBALLFEVER and taking in your daily dose of #WHISKEYANDMEAT for the weekend, here is what has been going on lately in the world of crootin (basketball included).
- Five-star Ole Miss commit Shea Patterson will compete in the Rivals Quarterback Challenge this weekend. Three-star dual-threat QB Keon Howard, thought to be a Rebel lean, will be there as well.
- The fellas over at California Golden Blogs (hey, guys, see you in four years) talk about long-time Rebel commit DeKaylin Metcalf and a new name to keep tabs on, four-star LB Lokeni Toailoa, who has been in talks with Ole Miss on the Twitters.
- Ole Miss looks to continue the Memphis pipeline as they extended an offer to a 2017 running back last week.
- New rankings for the state of Louisiana show that Hugh Freeze and Co. are trying to somehow swipe four of the top 12 for the 2016 class.
- ROUNDBALL CROOTIN: Andy Kennedy is trying to reach into the Volunteer state for a small forward product with some serious hops.
- Five-star hoopster Malik Newman has guided Callaway to another state title game after defeating Laurel this week. Check out Courtney Cronin's work as she goes behind the scenes with him and his team. Newman was recently named to the roster for the Jordan Brand Classic. And here he is doing gratuitous amounts of work. The longer Mr. Newman is undecided, the better.
With that, a wise man by the name of Ellis Boyd Redding once said, "hope is a dangerous thing, hope can drive a man insane".