The next National Signing Day is 12 months away, but as you all know by now, crootin never stops! Once a month, the Cup will take a look at the latest recruiting nuggets for our beloved Ole Miss Rebels. Whether it be a commitment, a croot releasing his top nine favorite schools or someone deciding to enroll early, we are hot on the crootin trail.
As you can see below, we will start to include some flaming hot tid bits with corresponding links to keep all our fellow readers in the loop with the insanely chaotic world that is recruiting. As much as you all might want to deny it, you all still care about recruiting 12 months away from National Signing Day. And if you truly don't, you need to get your shit together. Seriously.
IMPORTANT NOTE: this will obviously primarily focus on football, but if the opportunity presents itself and there is a big-time development with basketball, baseball, tennis, etc., you bet your bottom damn dollar the Cup will be all over it like a lonely Fireball shot at the Library at 12:55 a.m. on a Saturday.
- ICYMI, last week the Rebels went all the way out to Cali and offered Keyshawn Johnson, Jr. Yes, it is the son of former Southern Cal and NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson. Yes, his son is also a wide receiver and a very good one.
- Five-star LB Ben Davis has the Rebels in his top seven. The young man from Gordo, Ala. is high on just about everyone's list and will be hard to pry away from Nick Saban and the Tide in the 2016 cycle.
- 2017 WR/FS Jeffrey Okudah received an offer from the Rebels. The offer was extended by co-defensive coordinator/cornerbacks coach Jason Jones so it looks like Ole Miss is looking at the Grand Praire, Tex. native at OLB or safety.
- CROOTIN SPECIAL: SBNation's very own Bud Elliott and Wescott Eberts break down two of the hottest targets on the trail right now who exploded on the scene late Thursday afternoon.
- 2017 RB Ty Chandler sports five SEC offers and has an early crystal ball prediction to don the red and blue in a couple years. The Montgomery Bell Academy rising junior is one to watch from Tennessee.
- Ole Miss DB legacy and Nigel Knott is a hot commodity on the crootin trail. The Germantown, Miss. four-star corner has plenty of schools to choose from as he holds major offers from the SEC, B1G and the ACC.
- LSU is on the crootin hot seat after former Ole Miss target Matt Womack kicked the hornets' nest. This is significant because of the limited contact Les Miles and Co. will have with potential croots now, including two humongous targets in five-star OL Willie Allen and four-star ATH Devin White.