- Alabama - Maybe it was just a fluke loss to Ole Miss.
- LSU - LSU has passed for more than 100 yards in a game just once this season, and it doesn't even matter.
- Florida - The Gators have a tremendous defense, and Will Grier looks poised for a good career at quarterback.
- A&M - The defense the Aggies are fielding has been excellent so far. If it stays that way through the upcoming meat of the schedule, A&M will be playing in Atlanta.
- Georgia - Georgia and Ole Miss are in the "we thought they were good, but they were blown out" tier this week. Welcome to the party, Bulldogs. The bourbon's all gone.
- Ole Miss - I don't want to talk about it.
- Mississippi State - The Bulldogs actually have some positive takeaways from this loss. They ran more designed runs to Dak Prescott and began to integrate playmaking freshman Malik Dear.
- Kentucky - Oh no! Kentucky is 4-1! Basketball school jokes aren't funny anymore! What will anyone say in this blurb?
- Arkansas - Against Tennessee, Arkansas got back to their winning strategy: complete fewer than 50% of your passes and rush for 275 yards.
- Missouri - Did we just witness the passing of the torch in Missouri? Drew Lock played a good game, and his name rhymes with Mauk, so quarterback-related cheers don't have to be reworked.
- Tennessee - That Tennessee rush defense tho.
- Auburn - The Tigers just couldn't distance themselves from San Jose State. How is this happening? Is this real life?
- Vanderbilt - The Commodore offense struggled against MTSU, throwing two picks, but with the Blue Raiders mustering just 1.5 yards per carry, they couldn't capitalize.
- South Carolina - Remember when South Carolina signed five-star recruits and was consistently ranked in the top 25? Think that will ever happen again? Clemson doesn't.
Like... really good.