Mississippi State has already scored a major win over Ole Miss this week by blowing the lid off #TheNetwork. Scathing ESPN articles, whistleblowing sources and historic NCAA sanctions are sure to follow. In the meantime, the Grinders are trying to double up by dropping the Rebel Roundballers on Wednesday night.
The hoops Egg Bowl airs on SEC Network at 8 p.m. CT. State is not good -- they're 2-4 in conference play and 9-10 overall. Ole Miss has been wildly inconsistent, but still sits at a decent 12-7. Throw in the fact that it's in the Tad Pad and the Rebels should win this game. But we know better than to count on that.
What we can count on is getting really drunk while playing this drinking game. If you have work tomorrow, just plan on being late, because this one could be a doozy. It's Ole Miss vs. State, your boss should understand.
1. If "Egg Bowl" is mentioned, drink.
This will happen a lot.
2. If Jaylen Walton's 91-yard touchdown is shown, finish your drink.
3. If Marshall Henderson is mentioned, drink 3 times.
Because Marshall always goes for three, bruh.
4. If the word "Network" is mentioned, take a drink.
This game is on SEC Network, but we all know who's really pulling the strings.
5. If State turns the ball over, drink.
State is 296th in turnovers per game with 14.5, which puts them behind perennial powerhouses like SELA, Mississippi Valley State University, Loyola Marymount, and Quinnipiac. Oh they're also behind UMASS Lowell and Abilene Christian, both of whom are still transitioning to D1.
6. If Stefan Moody attempts a three, drink.
He went 0-for-5 against Florida.
7. If Andy Kennedy makes this face, drink.
8. If you see a State fan in camo, take a shot.
It's a basketball game, not a fucking duck hunt.
9. If Ole Miss' free throw percentage is mentioned, drink.
It's almost February and an Andy Kennedy coached team is No. 1 in the country at 80 percent. It's a crazy world we live in.
10. If play-by-play guy Dave Neal says the word disingenuous, take a shot.
C'mon Dave, we're thirsty.