|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Wisconsin (#15), Brigham Young (#18), Rutgers (#23), Utah (#24).
Welcome back, Cal, UNC, and Houston. Goodbye Badgers, Mormons, Jersey, and Utes.
Power Poll after the jump.
- ALABAMA - We really have got to stop letting SEC teams schedule November cupcakes.
- FLORIDA - Ditto.
- OLE MISS - Really, this is where we should have been all season.
- LSU - Ditto.
- KENTUCKY - Hell yeah I put Kentucky here. I had to look at mutual opponents when determining who of Kentucky and Arkansas should be at number five. Alabama and Florida beat both the Cats and the Hogs. Auburn lost to both. But Georgia did better the Hogs--in Fayetteville, no less--something which they couldn't do at home against Rich Brooks and co.
- ARKANSAS - A win over LSU puts Arkansas in Dallas on New Years Day. Not bad for the 2nd year of the Bobby Petrino era.
- TENNESSEE - I almost wanted to put them as high as four and as low as nine. This is a compromise.
- GEORGIA - I kinda wanted to rank them at nine, but it's hard to put them below...
- SOUTH CAROLINA - ...a gamecocks team which they did defeat. Also, it's hard to move a team anywhere, let alone up, after a bye.
- AUBURN - Ditto.
- MISSISSIPPI STATE - No comment. HATE WEEK.
- VANDERBILT - 0-8 in the SEC. No, I haven't forgotten what that feels like.