Just in case anyone was curious, the Red Solo Cup does not and will likely never support something as asinine as flying a smack-talkin' banner over Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Why? Well:
- It's stupid. Just because they did it (to themselves, mind you) doesn't mean that we should.
- I don't care if it's got coach Nutt's blessings. They treated him like garbage so I would expect him to say somewhat crazy, vindictive things about them. Have you listened to the man talk? He's wacky.
- We're 3-4. You don't talk shit when you're 3-4, even if it is to another 3-4 team.
- Just the thought of Ole Miss doing something this juvenile is insanely embarrassing.
- The money raised for this little "project" could do plenty of better things. For example, you could donate to the Basketball Practice Facility. You could donate to the University's general scholarship fund. You could feed your fat fucking children. The list goes on.
- The plans call for it to say "Ole Miss is NUTTS about Houston." Are you serious? You're going to spend a lot of money on something which is already a bad idea and, just when I thought it couldn't get any lamer, outfit it with a "Nutty" pun? We've been over this shit before; click the tag.
- You think we're crazy? You think LSU is crazy? Try Northwest Arkansas in four days. That will be the craziest Goddamn shit you've ever seen. The zaniest, most delusional fans this side of Tuscaloosa will be as pissed as they've ever been. Why would you want to further incite an already savagely threatening environment?
- I think it's safe to say that an overwhelming majority of Ole Miss fans are NOT in support of this. You may call us "bad" fans for saying that. Nevermind the fact that we run an Ole Miss sports blog and know more about football than you anyway, we don't like your shitty banner so we're "bad" Rebels.
Having that been said, Arkansas hate week is on, y'all. If I've got time, my series of the "Arkansas Straw Men" will open today with Straw Man #1: Ole Miss is a talented football team.