Yesterday, Hugh Freeze kicked off Ole Miss' 2014 spring practices with his annual spring press conference. In it, he discussed offseason discipline issues (more on this later), the absolutely despicable attempts to slow down the game by coaches who have a vested strategic interest in such a rule despite their insistence that their concerns lie solely in the unestablished threat to player safety during an up-tempo game, and roster changes.
Here are, per Freeze's presser, the position changes we should expect to see this spring:
- Wide receiver Laquon Treadwell will move to the outside, while Quincy Adeboyejo will move to Treadwell's old spot in the slot.
- Quintavius Burdette will move to receiver from defensive back.
- Austin Golson will move from right guard to right tackle (but will be limited this spring due to an offseason shoulder surgery).
- Defensive end Channing Ward will get some reps at tight end.
- Chief Brown will move from safety to the hybrid safety/linebacker "Husky" position.
- Jeremy Liggins will see time at both tight end and quarterback this spring.
- Kailo Moore will move from halfback to field corner.
- Carlton Martin will move from defensive tackle to offensive guard.
- Guard Justin Bell and tackle Robert Conyers will both get looks at center.
- Bobby Hill is no longer on the Rebel football team (this counts as a position change, right?)