Jordan Sims, a 6'4" 345lb offensive guard out of Homewood High School in the Birmingham, Alabama area, has signed with the Ole Miss Rebels. Sims had offers from Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Florida, Duke, and many other SEC and ACC programs per his Scout.com profile. A consensus three-star prospect, Sims is rated as the 21 overall high school guard by 247Sports' rankings and the 24 overall high school guard per their composite ranking system.
Sims is, first and foremost, gargantuan. He already has the size of an SEC offensive lineman, even though he likely lacks the strength and athleticism needed to contribute immediately. Still, as an Army-All American and one of the top prospects out of Alabama, he garnered a lot of attention towards the end of his recruiting process.
His highlight videos showcase, first and foremost, his size. He's simply overpowering against most high school competition he faced. He also shows power and balance, but doesn't demonstrate the quickness and explosiveness as prospects like Rod Taylor, leading us to conclude that Sims is a redshirt candidate who could contribute mightily after a few years in an SEC strength and conditioning programs.
- National Signing Day Drama: Davon Godchaux's Difficult Decision Between LSU and Ole Miss
- Florida Athlete Dacorius Law Signs with Ole Miss
- Red Cup Rebellion's Ole Miss Rebels National Signing Day Open Thread!
- The Unknown Signees Who Made Themselves Known
- Ole Miss' Newest Recruiting Video is for the Mommas