Official recap and box score is here.
This has been a travel week for me, so I've out of pocket quite a bit. I landed back in Memphis just in time to head south to watch the game. Glad we got this one. Quick thoughts:
* Credit AK for a well-timed technical. That was 100% intentional. He yelled "Same Call!" 6 or 7 times before Doug Sirmons teed him up. We were down 14-5 (or something like that) when it happened and played with a bit more pep after that
* We outrebounded an opponent for a second straight game, which was key. LSU is a very good offensive rebounding team and our bigs stepped up last night. Aaron Jones had 13 points and 13 rebounds... and he wasn't even the story of the night down low
* Sebastian Saiz was an absolute beast, pouring in 20 points and 9 rebounds to go along with 2 blocks, 2 assists, and a steal. He and Marshall Henderson ran a nice 2-man game several times which led to Henderson's career high 7 assists
* Speaking of Henderson, he had his best game of the season last night, scoring a game-high 25 points to go along with his assists. He shot the ball very well from the floor (62.5% eFG%) and hit a handful of spirit-crushing 3 pointers.
* While Jarvis Summers was a little less efficient than normal from the floor - 45.4% eFG% - he chipped in 8 assists, 3 steals, and was a perfect 10-10 from the FT Line.
This was one of, if not the most complete game the Rebels have played all season, and it came in a must-win game. Saturday in Starkville, the Rebels had a season high TO% (21.1%) and a season low FTR (17.4) They forced a season low opponent TO% (11.8%) and gave up a season high opponent FTR (72.4). They had to have this one.