We at the Cup would like to half-heartedly apologize for a dearth in football coverage this week. We spent a lot of time looking back at our Rebels' exciting win over the Vanderbilt Commodores and not much at all looking forward to the Southeast Missouri Redhawks. As Juco and I discussed on this week's Rebel Sports Radio episode, there is not really much to preview. Southeast Missouri is an FCS team, something which shouldn't be overlooked entirely considering the FCS' successes last week against BCS competition. But Southeast Missouri is a bad FCS team. How bad? They lost to Southeast Louisiana by a score of 40-something to seven last weekend. This should be a cakewalk for the Rebs, who should play a lot of freshmen and sophomores off of the second and third strings. This is, for all intents and purposes, a tune up game for the Texas Longhorns.
So, yeah, Southeast Missouri. Uh, here's what to watch for:
- They run an option offense. Tony Samuel, their head coach, is a Nebraska grad from the 1980's if that tells you anything.
- Quarterback Kyle Snyder and running back Lennies McFerrin are their workhorses out of that attack.
- Their top receivers are Paul McRoberts and Spencer Davis.
- Who cares what their stats are?
- They're in the Ohio Valley conference.
- They're probably going to lose by 50 this week.
6:00 PM Central
ESPN3 or PPV