Do you like video games? Do you like college football? If you answered yes to both, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just think of this as what a bunch of software engineers think of our football teams.
These are the overall, offense, and defense ratings of the 14 SEC teams. Some initial observations:
- Playing with Alabama is hereby considered cheating.
- How Texas A&M doesn't have the conference's best offense is beyond me.
- What the hell does Vanderbilt have to do to earn some damn respect? They won nine games last season, some of which were won convincingly! And yet EA Sports has them as the worst team in the SEC?! As in KENTUCKY AND MISSOURI are rated higher than they are?! That's just nonsense.
- Ole Miss has the fifth best team overall (tied with Florida and South Carolina), the fifth best offense overall, and the sixth best defense overall (tied Texas A&M, Geogia, and Tennessee). I'll take it, even if I only really buy our offensive prowess right now.
- I'll probably still buy this game.