For those of you who, like me until yesterday, were wholly unfamiliar with Lasalle, here are some quick facts.
- La Salle is a small, private, Catholic university.
- They're located in Philadelphia.
- They almost had to shut the place down in the 1930's because they went broke.
- They're a member of the unaptly named Atlantic 10 conference. Philadelphia is on the Delaware River which flows into the Atlantic ocean. There's the connection.
- Don't even try to explain why universities in Ohio, Indiana, and Missouri are in the Atlantic 10.
- La Salle's teams are known as the "Explorers."
- Here is their logo, which features one of the Three Musketeers, presumably, exploring:
That, or he's a peeping tom, which is not cool, y'all.
- Odds of an Ole Miss fan, slightly inebriated and woozy from a lunch at Oklahoma Joe's washed down with a few pints of Kansas City's own Boulevard beer, of shouting "HEY! WHATCHA ESSPLORIN?! SOME DUDE'S BUTT?!" - 1:1
- Oh, and tipoff has been announced for 6:40 PM Central on TruTV, who will make more money in ad revenue this weekend than they have all year due entirely to Marshall Henderson.