Merry Bowl-mas, y'all! The Rebs and the Bees square off in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl today at 2:15 PM on ESPN, in what is looking to be a pretty even matchup of two 7-5 football teams. Our Ole Miss Rebels will look to keep Georgia Tech on their heels with quick plays out of Hugh Freeze's hurry-up no huddle offense, and stuff the Georgia Tech option offense with big plays on first and second downs. Georgia Tech, on the other hand, will work to do what they've always done under Paul Johnson and wear down the Rebs with long, methodical drives characterized by gains earned in four, five, and six yard chunks.
With two such contrasting styles of play, this should be an intriguing game for the sake of football itself. With the Rebels looking to improve on last year's 7-win finish and develop more momentum into the heart of 'crootin season, there's a certain layer of interest for Ole Miss fans to boot.
Here's how we've previewed this bowl over the past few days. Get caught up, y'all:
- A look at the surprisingly limited history between Georgia Tech and Ole Miss
- Where to eat and drink in Nashville, something we hope you've figured out by now.
- Blogger Q&A with From the Rumble Seat
- "Red Cup Talks to You," where Juco and I babble for 30 minutes about our Music City Bowl expectations.
- A Music City Bowl Injury Report
- And finally, a Music City Bowl Statistical Preview
Follow @RedCupRebellion during the game if you aren't already. Smeargle will be livetweeting much of the goings on from LP Field, while Juco (@JucoRCR), Whiskey Wednesday (@WhiskeyRCR), and Catfish Powe-Boy (@Jeff_GraySBN) will be sure to offer their quips and "insights" as well.
Your OPEN THREAD begins now. Make use of it as a general gameday thread, as well as a game thread. We're doing this now because we've got some partyin' to get to (and, in my case, I'm about to be in a car for 3.5 hours). Hotty Toddy, and Wreck Tech!