Ole Miss lost by eight points to the Auburn Tigers tonight in a 30-22 game that was as ugly as it was stressful. Here are some sobering facts from the contest:
- Bo Wallace was sacked six times.
- Ole Miss receivers dropped six passes, four of which would have converted first downs.
- Laquon Treadwell attempted a pass, again, which was a massive failure, again.
- Auburn only managed 93 passing yards.
- In fact, Auburn was outgained by Ole Miss in total offense by 89 yards.
- Tre Mason and Carl Lawson were heavily recruited by Ole Miss, and were certainly keys to the Tigers' victory tonight.
- Ole Miss still hasn't beaten Auburn in two consecutive seasons.
- Ole Miss still can't hang with even mediocre-to-bad Auburn teams in Jordan Hare.
If we're up to it, Juco and I will record a Red Cup Reacts segment tomorrow to fully capture how it is that we felt about this game, but suffice it to say that "not good" and 'holy damn how did that even happen" are among the many opinions we have twirling about our minuscule minds. Hopefully you can stomach to listen to it. Until then, Hotty Toddy and, uh, just pretend today never happened, or something.