What a weekend of football it was! There were upsets, blowouts, marquee matchups, and all of the suspense and drama that can only be understood and appreciated by college football fans. The biggest news of the weekend was, without a doubt,
Matthew McConaughey renting out Snackbar and forcing John Currence to hand feed him oysters while Ricky Williams videotaped Stanford bettering USC for the fourth straight year and all but ending the national title hopes of the Trojans.
But that wasn't the only game of note, nor was it the only one with some significant implications for the rest of the season. And so that you may quickly and effectively digest all of the necessary information to appreciate the weekend that was, the folks at the SB Nation mothership have, once again, polled, counted, alphabetized, and Schadenfreude'd their way to what I think is the best college football coverage possible on the internet.
So first up, the SB Nation Blog Poll results after week three:
- The full analysis of the poll is here, where you'll learn that USC fans are still confident about their team, TCU fans are self deprecating, and that nobody really knows where in the hell Oklahoma belongs in the polls.
- The SEC Power Poll is here and, again, WE'RE NOT LAST!
- Spencer Hall's Alphabetical calls Mack Brown "tastefully nude," a phrase which altogether suggests a horrifying mental image.
- Bill C's Numerical looks at Mississippi State's escape against Troy and just how badly Colorado was blown out by Fresno State.
- Speaking of Colorado and how awful they are, well, thank gosh we're not Colorado. This Week in Schadenfreude highlights the Buffs who have fallen so far that a fan who suggests a final record of 1-11 is literally accused of "sunshine pumping." Oh, and Arkansas fans are still lunatics.