Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE
Alabama makes it predictable, again.
A part of me was really pulling for an LSU victory this weekend, because I wanted to see how the polls would have handled what would have been a legitimate prospect for the BCS National Championship Game to not feature an SEC team. Of course, as with most things, it didn't go exactly as I had thought it out. That means that, for this week, we've got, yet again, a rather predictable set of ballots.
On second review, I'm not sure why I dropped USC just two spots and why I bumped Florida by five spots. Maybe this needs some work.
My SEC Power Poll ballot for this week is as follows:
- Alabama - RTRMFER!1!
- Georgia - Congratulations! You've won the "Who gets to lose to Alabama in the SEC Championship Game sweepstakes!"
- LSU - That agony you feel right now LSU fans? That's how the rest of us feel most of the time. We don't pity you one bit.
- Florida - I don't know where to put them. Their game against Mizzou this past weekend was just really, really unimpressive.
- Texas A&M - I think they'd beat Sakerlina right now, so that's why they're here.
- Sakerlina - I find it pretty annoying that talking heads actually thought Steve Spurrier believed that Alabama could, in fact, beat an NFL team. This has nothing to do with South Carolina's football team. I just wanted an excuse to say something about that.
- State - Hey, at least y'all have Schadenfreude to fall back on.
- Ole Miss - Hey, at least we've got Schadenfreude to fall back on.
- Vanderbilt - If an Ole Miss fan tells you that he or she is not worried about this Saturday's game against Vandy, then that person is a liar.
- Arkansas - I'm not joking when I say that beating Tulsa isn't exactly a not-accomplishment.
- Mizzou - They're adjusting, y'all. I think Mizzou's going to be great for the future of the conference. This isn't a prediction of football dominance or anything, but rather them "growing into" their new SEC body or some other poor metaphor.
- Tennessee - They still have a shot at a bowl.
- Auburn - Alright, you can be not-last for this week.
- Kentucky - Franklin'd