Good morning Rebel fans. I'll be in the Big Easy this weekend, eating and drinking my way closer to a permanent case of indigestion, but I will be sure to find a wobbly stool in some watering hole on which to post up and watch an afternoon of college football.
Oh, and if you're in town, you're free to join.
Anyway, this is going to be a pretty solid day of college football. Games with national title implications will be happening all across the country, and outside of that some pretty damn good football should be played as well. Here's what I'll be watching or, at the very least, half-assedly paying attention to today:
- Texas A&M at Mississippi State - 11:00 AM on ESPN - All of the maroon! All of the overalls! All of the general disdain for people who wear tortoise-shell glasses and use words like "invariably!" Oh, and it's an over-the-top celebration of an Independence Bowl in which it snowed. Snow, y'all! [Not only is the celebration of weather in an otherwise non-noteworthy bowl game itself sad, but the idea that the Bulldogs think that most people outside of Mississippi even remember that game is pretty pitiful. Hate hate hate.] But for real though, it should be a good SEC game. Watch it.
- Vanderbilt at Kentucky - 11:00 AM on ESPNU - No, for real, I'll probably watch some of this. We do play Vandy soon, and I haven't seen much of them, so if you're looking for a noon game to watch that doesn't feature, again, an homage to a wintry evening in Shreveport, this is it.
- Ole Miss at Georgia - 2:30 PM on CBS - Duh.
- Oregon at USC - 7:00 PM on FOX - Oregon's looking to again make the BCS National Title game. You love to hate their wacky uniforms. They have a duck for a mascot. Watch them. They're fun.
- Alabama at LSU - 7:00 PM on CBS - THE GAME OF THE CENTURY FOR LIKE THE FIFTH OR SIXTH TIME THIS CENTURY THUS FAR AND WE ARE ONLY TWELVE YEARS IN SO PLEASE STOP USING THESE TYPES OF MONIKERS.
- A bunch of Pac 12 games - 10:30 or something on whatever channel - If you're awake for these, have fun. There will be a lot of touchdowns scored by people you've never heard of and probably would have weren't they on the left coast. We don't have an eastern bias here at the Cup. We just don't have the patience or endurance for Pac 12 football.