The SB Nation BlogPoll for this week winds up pretty much as you'd expect it to, with Notre Dame and Alabama owning the top spots. The rest of the top-10 is a bit of a mishmash, because one could realistically argue for any of these teams to finish anywhere right now. But, regardless, this is about the most sensical week the BlogPoll has had all season.
The SEC Power Poll also shook out pretty much as one would expect, with Alabama and Georgia at the top, Auburn and Kentucky at the bottom, and everybody else somewhere in between.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide, 149 points (7 first-place votes)
2. Georgia Bulldogs, 140 (2)
3. Texas A&M Aggies, 131 (1)
4. LSU Tigers, 125 (1)
5. Florida Gators, 114
6. South Carolina Gamecocks, 100
7. Mississippi St. Bulldogs, 83
8. Vanderbilt Commodores, 82
9. Mississippi Rebels, 65
10. Missouri Tigers, 54
11. Arkansas Razorbacks, 46
12. Tennessee Volunteers, 29
13. Auburn Tigers, 22.5
14. Kentucky Wildcats, 14.5
Full poll commentary can be found here.
Also worth a look around the SB Nation Network...
- Bill C's "ode to college football," which looks at the unpredictable successes, inexplicable failures, and extreme emotions generated by our schools' football teams.
- The Numerical, also from Bill C, which points out that nerds, such as yours truly, are ruining football for everyone.
- Jason Kirk's bowl projections, which do have the Rebels beating the Bulldogs and earning a Liberty Bowl berth.
- SB Nation's HATE WEEK rivalry game rankings, which have the Egg Bowl as the 7th most intriguing game this weekend (out of 52), largely due to our rivalry's long history as well as the ever ambiguous "cultural" factor of this game. Of note, the Egg Bowl's HATE score, which was a whopping 18 out of 20, only bettered by Michigan v. Ohio State, the Iron Bowl, Clemson v. South Carolina, and Florida v. Florida State.