Alabama remains the number one team in the country to the surprise of nobody. Oregon, though, is no longer the number two team in the BlogPoll, as they've been jumped by the Florida Gators.
Other than that, there's nothing too surprising here. The Mountaineers fell. The Gamecocks fell. The Longhorns are out of the poll. Louisiana Tech's back in. Louisville, despite being undefeated, is still in the Big East, etc.
The full poll analysis from SB Nation's Andy Hutchins is here.
The SEC Power Poll is here and, man, if you check out the commentary you'll see that whoever is behind the reigns at SBN Atlanta really does not like the Ole Miss Rebels at all.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide, 139 points (9 first-place votes)
2. Florida Gators, 131 (1)
3. LSU Tigers, 119
4. South Carolina Gamecocks, 106
5. Mississippi St. Bulldogs, 98
6. Georgia Bulldogs, 95
7. Texas A&M Aggies, 82
8. Arkansas Razorbacks, 57
9. Vanderbilt Commodores, 56
10. Mississippi Rebels, 54
11. Tennessee Volunteers, 50
12. Missouri Tigers, 32
13. Kentucky Wildcats, 17
14. Auburn Tigers, 14
Also from the SB Nation network are a few links that you, as a college football fan, should check out.
- The Numerical, which looks at Texas' underachieving defense, A.J. McCarron's unlikely dominance, and Johnny Manziel's turnover issues among many, many other things.
- The network's bowl projetions, which has the Rebels facing the Virginia Tech Hokies in the Music City Bowl. Yep. I'll take that.
- And "Auburn Family Feud," Steven Godfrey's look at the Auburn Tigers fan base in the wake of their loss to Vanderbilt last weekend and the worst start for their program since 1952.