Top Ranked Tigers Head to Oxford. | Track Em Tigers
Here's a look at Saturday's game from the Auburn perspective courtesy of Acid Reign over at SBN's Track 'Em Tigers. There's reason for optimism on the plains, as you'll see.
Masoli’s versatility biggest threat to Tigers | The Auburn Plainsman
Gene Chizik has some high praise for Jeremiah Masoli:
"He’s extremely talented, extremely dangerous with both his arm and his ability to make things happen with his feet...A lot of his plays that you’ll see he’s extremely effective—it’s the break in the pocket, getting out in space, and either at that point, choosing to run the ball or hitting some of those big targets he has at receivers...Any sight of trouble, they take the ball to the perimeter because he can...We’re doing our best to pull him up and trying to take away some of what we call these windows that he’s able to create for himself where he can see. That’s going to require some push up the middle and trying to contain him on the perimeter with our ends. That’s a tall order because he’s really good at it.
Auburn football notes for Saturday's game against Ole Miss | AL.com
Would you like some disconcerting trends regarding Saturday's game? You would? Great, here you go:
- When Auburn is ranked, the Tigers have a 13-0 record against Ole Miss.
- Auburn leads the series 8-2 in Oxford.
- Auburn is the only SEC team that has not lost a road game this season.
- Since the SEC began in 1933, Auburn has started five previous seasons (1957, 1971, 1993, 1994 and 2004) at 8-0 and each time the Tigers won their ninth game.
- Auburn leads the SEC in scoring offense. Ole Miss is last in the SEC in scoring defense.
- Auburn leads the SEC in passing efficiency. Ole Miss is last in the SEC in passing-efficiency defense.
- Auburn has outscored its opponents by 48 points in the fourth quarter, the largest margin in the final period in the SEC this season. Ole Miss has been outscored by 33 points in the fourth quarter, the largest deficit in the final period in the SEC.
- Ole Miss is the only team in the nation that has given up eight punt returns of at least 20 yards. Auburn hasn't given up any.
And, yes, there's more where that came from.
Alabama & SEC Graduation Rates | Roll 'Bama Roll
SEC Graduation rates in general have been on the rise over the past few years. In the SEC West, Ole Miss is 4th in graduation rate, but that's not as bad as it sounds when considering that most school's graduation rates hover right around the low-60's and are only separated by a single percentage point here and there.
College Football BlogPoll Rankings, Week 9 | SBNation.com
Ivory Tower was too busy workin' for the Man to submit Red Cup Rebellion's ballot, but you can still look at the blogosphere's top-25 where it's Oregon, not Auburn, that takes the top spot.